Sunday, July 25, 2010

Liver Detox Diet - Day Two


Ok. So going two days without booze is a lot easier than I'd thought it would be. Given that it's 80 degrees out, I'm still craving a cold glass of white wine, but I'm resisting easily. Crackers, on the other hand, are my current weakness. I see the Wheat Thins in the pantry and think, "Maybe I could just eat one. I mean how much salt is in ONE little cracker anyway?" I am proud to say that, so far, I have resisted the urge to eat, lick, or even cradle and coo at any crackers. Today's food flavorings: basil, rosemary, turmeric, pepper, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, nutritional yeast, vinegar and extra virgin, organic olive oil. No vegan margarine (sniff), sour cream (sigh), or broth (because everything I have has salt in it).

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Organic tofu, broccoli, chard, and mushroom crust-less quiche. I used a recipe as a guide. This didn't turn out half bad and got even better when I ate it with a side of brown rice. It was primarily flavored with Bragg's, turmeric, basil, pepper, nutritional yeast, and lots of onion and garlic.







...and a FANTASTIC peach, apricot, pluot, orange, carrot smoothie (see pic above)!




Lunch:
Roasted potatoes with Bragg's, fresh rosemary, topped with shallots caramelized in olive oil. SUPER delicious!!



Dinner:
A large green salad (again) which I won't bore you with a photo of. Today I cheated a little bit and added some leftover, cooked (gluten-free) Gardein "chicken" to my salad because I didn't use it up before I started the detox and HATE wasting food!

Today's observations:
1) I am very crabby, irritable, and whiny.
2) I'm more fatigued than I remember being normally.
3) I'm restless.

I'll write more tomorrow, but there will probably be less pics as I have lots and LOTS of leftover food.

No comments:

Post a Comment