Monday, July 26, 2010

Liver Detox Diet - Day Three


Everything started out fine this morning; some leftover quiche (see previous post) and grapes. But I was so busy at work that I only got to drink one glass of water. Lunch consisted of using up a Yubit coupon at a local vegan sandwich shop on a ridiculously good tofu sammie, which I'm certain violated at least two of the detox no-no's: salt and sugar. So, I came home from two trips to two different parks on an 85-degree day and was in the process of talking myself into the last Miller Lite in our fridge (y'know, since I'd already cheated today), but I held strong. For dinner I got back on track with black beans and rice, flavored with chili powder, cumin, and, of course, Bragg's. It actually turned out quite tasty but would've been better in a burrito (sigh) topped with Sour Supreme (whimper). I washed it down with a glass of decaf iced tea, because I can no longer stand the taste of water.

Today's observations:
1) TMI happening in 3...2...1...I am not bloated or gassy AT ALL on this diet.
2) Seriously, can we talk about how much less time I spend in the kitchen?
3) Also, can we talk about how much less $$ I'm spending on groceries?
4) Furthermore, can we talk about how much less packaging I'm disposing of?
5) I'm still having mood swings and FREAKISHLY vivid dreams...hoping that passes on day 4 along with the cravings for Miller Lite??

No comments:

Post a Comment