Thursday, May 10, 2012

Soooo, yeah. I was on the HCG diet for two days before my friends begged/bullied me into trying
 a regular diet first. So I farted around with the Okinawa diet for a few days and then I just started eating more raw foods after picking up "The Sunfood Diet Success System" at Half Price Books over the weekend. In my opinion, this book makes the most compelling case, so far, for a raw food diet. David Wolfe gets you to understand not just that eating raw food is better for you (yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know that), but the impact that cooked food has on the planet (it's pretty bad; I'd never made the connection). The author is a little "out there" so please beware the bible verses, bizarre poetry, and the "karmic food scale" (it indicates which raw foods have the highest and lowest karmic values - whoa). I quasi-started his diet plan today, although it would be WAAAAY too much food for me to eat in a day. I had a pound of watermelon (he recommended three pounds!) and a handful of walnuts for breakfast. Lunch was one papaya (not two!) for lunch with three stalks of celery and a half of an avocado (not a whole one!). I have felt full all day and I've had no cravings. I think the reason that I am having better success this time on a raw diet (yeah, before I couldn't even make it for one day) is because a) I transitioned by increasing my raw intake to about 60+% before switching and b) I've read that you are supposed to load up on fruit in the morning, which will prevent hunger pangs/cravings. Dinner is supposed to be a huge salad, which I can handle. My husband and I plan to walk to one of our favorite places this evening, where, in the past we would always order frites and champagne and sit outside in the sun. We'll see if I can resist the frites..........I'm going to try!!!! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment